Friday, May 11, 2007

Back in Rhodes

There were no more ferries back to Rhodes yesterday afternoon, so I found a room in Kos Town and stayed the night there. I was really tired. I walked the town, had a bite to eat, a hot shower and good nights sleep. I arrived back in Rhodes mid morning today. I dropped my things at the hotel and started walking. I'm missing the exercise and fun of hitting the tennis ball, but I'm making up for it in walking! It's a beautiful, cloudless day. I've just been taking in the sights, smells and sounds one last day. The aromas are so familiar, especially the spices. I've also caught a whiff of incense that reminds me of being in the Greek Orthodox Church with my Yiayia. I will pack later and prepare for the long trip home tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are you doing now? WHAT ARE YOU DOING NOW? NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW

Anonymous said...

We'll all be looking forward to pictures and first hand observations. You didn't mention any Greek food but I'm sure it wasn't cheese pizza and coke light!
Loretta