Monday, April 23, 2007

Ready to Play!

We woke up to a beautiful day today. We hit at 7 before the matches started, then again at 11:30. We're all ready to play! We scouted our Swedish opponents who were playing Spain. We feel that we'll match up best with me at two, Fran at one then Susan and Mary playing doubles. On Wedndesday we'll play Spain, and will probably do a completely different line up. I love being part of a team competition like this. The comraderie on our team is so good. I feel honored to playing with these girls! After hitting and scouting today we cheered the American mens teams on to victory. They both won easily. The wind picked up to 25-30 mph this afternoon.....brutal conditions. Tomorrow is not supposed to be quite as bad. I had a massage...carrying around heavy luggage, and racquet bags takes its toll on the shoulders and back. I feel great now. Mary and I walked into Belek to a store to stock up on bottle water and diet coke. Both are very expensive on site. Carol Wood, our USTA representative came in today. She'll be here a few days before going over to the other site later in the week. The format for us playing tomorrow, is that we have one court. The #2 singles plays on that court first. Then when we're done, the #1 singles plays. After they're done the doubles will play. Our play starts at 10:30am. We're all ready to play!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow against the Swedes. Thought you should know,in your absence I've added another item to my resume: "Bank Depositor". I'll be expecting another raise when you get back. Betty & I send our love.

Anonymous said...

you should give anonymous about a 15% raise. He really deserves it. Bank depositor is quite the taxing job.
Y'all are going to do great. Everyone is ready and fired up to play. that is what you are there for so get out and have fun.

Anonymous said...

Will be waiting to anxiously to hear how things go.

Loretta

Anonymous said...

Aunt Myke, its Jimmy Loomis. Daddy gave me this website and told me to write you so I will. It is nice weather there? Did you win? How long was the flight? Have fun. good luck.
Jimmy loomis

Unknown said...

Hey Myke,
Julia here.... Sounds like you are having a once in a lifetime experience there and I am so happy for you. What a refreshing note that your team is so grounded. I hope that you play your little heart out and just have fun.
You will be number one to us always!
j

Anonymous said...

Go get 'em! Know you all will do well. The tournament ended well with the last match finishing at 4:05PM - earliest ever. Your Mom fixed us the best dinner of steak, baked potato and salad. I stayed another night to visit the doctor on Monday. PLay well, I'll think of your mantra for you as well - good luck - scotectd

Deb said...

I'm so excited for you Myke. Sounds like you're having a great time. I hope all went well today and I can't wait to read the blog and see how you guys did. Good Luck and Go Get Them.

D. Kean