Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Finally our First Match!

Another beautiful day in Antalya. We all met for breakfast, then went for a quick 30 minute practice court at 9. Our match court was ready for us promptly at 10. Each team gets a 15 minute warm up with their teammates then the matches start at 10:30. The number two line plays first. That was me, and I was really ready to play! I played a girl named Sophie. I won easily 6-2, 6-0. We're allowed to have a teammate on the court as a coach. Mary Daily stayed on my court. Fran then played and may have lost 6 points the entire match. She won love and love. I sat on her court and just watched in awe. That clinched the match for us against Sweden. Mary and Susan played doubles and won 6-1, 6-1. Tomorrow we play Spain. We'll be on the same practice and playing schedule as we were today. Thanks to everyone for the replies to my blog and especially the well wishes! I love getting them! Fran hasn't decided what the line up for tomorrow will be just yet. I think we'd like to get Susan in playing singles tomorrow, I may just be a cheerleader, or depending on how singles go, I may just play doubles. We'll decide tonight at dinner. Fran really values every ones opinion!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

USA! Great job Myke and the rest of you - I looked at the ITF rankings last night and you are 26 - should be way higher - some of the others have played many more tourneys - good luck tomorrow - scotectd

Stanstringer said...

Myke, Absolutley marveloussss::::
From your Blog entries it looks like you are having too good of a time.Your Mom was down at the courts today and it was good to see her.
ML played with the ladies and I played singles with John Cork.
Enjoy hearing your results. Tell the girls we are all pulling for you guys.
Luv Stan

Anonymous said...

Bob just came home from HD with the good news. Keep up the good work--everyone's pulling for you. Sounds like you're relaxed and enjoying everything. Only way to go! G & B

Anonymous said...

Congrats. I sent a link to ur blog to Jimmy, so I hope he comments. Wish I could be there!
ur loving brother

Anonymous said...

I see Jimmy commented on yesterdays blog! Good luck...
ur luvin bro

Anonymous said...

Great job girls. I know that y'all can do it. I would be really suprised if there is a team stronger than team USA. Y'all are the best and keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

I have been running circles celebrating the USA win. Lance

Anonymous said...

A great allelulia! Yes I know you all are smiling big. We had our practice session with your "other" partner this am. Your Mother was working the cash drawer and handling all the important phone calls concerning you. SMASH SPAIN. Ann C.

JCork said...

Great win today!! Good luck on your next match! Sounds like you are having a wonderful time and have great team mates. Had a good drill with Renee today-seems like her shoulder is getting better!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the win today! I really didn't expect anything less from you! Keep on having fun...those games are moreso when you are winning. We are so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Love getting your daily reports - we get so happy knowing you are having so much fun and winning is always a plus. Good Luck - JoKC