Sunday, April 22, 2007

Opening Ceremonies

Today was the Opening Ceremonies for the competition. All the countries marched in with their flags. It was pretty exciting. The weather today started nice and then got cloudy with a few sprinkles. We hit twice again today, once in the morning and again early afternoon. At the captains meeting today, Fran found out that we are seeded first with the Netherlands seeded second. I feel like a midget around here. Some of these girls are so tall! In our little round robin section we play Sweden and Spain. We have a bye tomorrow and play our first match against Sweden on Tuesday then play Spain on Wednesday. We'll practice tomorrow and scout our opponents as they play each other at 10:00. I'm finding that I'm eating a lot of salads, cheese, fruit and bread. There are a lot of unidentifiable meats that I'm not touching. Desserts are really good too, but a little bit goes along way. I'm trying to send some pictures but for some reason they're not going through on the blog. I'll keep trying.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bigger they are the harder they fall. They are probably tall from eating all those unidentified meats. I bet they taste like chicken.

Anonymous said...

Hi Into the USA spirit. The tennnis channel had all the fed cup matches on. Proud of you Myke.... what you are accomplishing in your forties.
Ann C.

Stanstringer said...

Just found your Blog and will be sending you any info that you may need. The Helen Drake is over and not much from me. I lost 2 matches but had a great time. Looking forward to the results of your matches. Dont worry about those big girls, they cant bend down well and remember good things come in small packages.
Luv ya, Stan

Anonymous said...

Wanted you to know that Renee got a big gift today: A huge slice of chocolate-chocolate cake. Eat your heart out!!

Anonymous said...

Love your blog. Bob says we're with you in spirit and for you to just have fun. Ginny and SOB

Aunt Margie said...

Hi Myke. I am so proud of you! I finally got to read your blog and I enjoyed it very much - except for you being "chicken" about trying out the Turkish chicken. You must try to eat something because when you go to Greece to visit your relatives you will find they will not take "no" as an answer; especially Eleas in Rhodes. Make me proud of you and then get your mom to cook some of it at home.
Love, Aunt M

Anonymous said...

Heyeeee!!
Love your Blogs
We have everyone in Tenn. rooting for you. Forget the tall girls, the good ones come in smaller packages. I should send you some cookies
The c's

Anonymous said...

Good luck today. Remember go to the mountains to refocus.

Mary Lu said...

Myke - I have bad news and good news! Bad news: Kittie is holding Renee hostage in the tennis center. Says she won't release her until you walk through the door. Good news: We're booking our own courts and playing good tennis!
Play hard, have fun - Mary Lu