Saturday, April 21, 2007

What a Difference a Day Makes!

I had a great nights sleep last night...11 hours. I woke up ready to go today. We practiced at 9, with hardly no wind at all this morning. I had a much better feel for the courts. For the most part, the courts have good clean bounces. After playing a while, the clay mounds in the high traffic areas and can result in unpredictable bounces. We had lunch then had another hit at 1:30. Afterwards we walked to a local bazaar about 10 minutes away. There we found local vendors peddling their goods. Mary Daily is the queen of bargaining! We all picked up a few trinkets. Fran and her husband Willie walked back early for the Turkish Baths they had booked. I'm not brave enough yet to try that. Maybe later in the week. Tomorrow afternoon are the opening ceremonies. We'll also find out who and when we play.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Myke-Sounds great-what's the temp? Hello to Willie & Fran-Kay & Bill

renee said...

so you found out who you are going to play. Are you going to tell us?
Renee

Anonymous said...

While you are there in Turkey your mother is cooking dinner for me. I will pet the dogs for you.

renee said...

Oops i thought you said you found out who you are playing I guess I should learn how to read. renee

Anonymous said...

Tough crowd!!
Loretta

Anonymous said...

Sounds great Myke. Thanks so much for the use of the Hidden Courts. It made a tremendous difference. Our weather has been perfect. I've played badly most of the week - must be running the tournament. We were down 0-5 to Jerry and his partner but won. Then, lost to Felix Beaukenkamp and his partner in mixed. Retsy had a terrific 3 hour match against a Memphis lady but lost 7-5 in the 3rd. Finals today will be easy. Knock 'em dead, say Hi to Fran and the ladies that I know. Good luck, love ya,