Monday, April 30, 2007

Hanging Out

I discovered the reason I was off today was because I had a walkover. I play a Russian girl tomorrow. The times will be posted at 7:30 tonight. My partner, Marianna, and I played a practice set of doubles today and I also did a little singles practice. It felt good to be back on the court. I feel like I did last week....ready to play! The wind here seems to be a little more prevalent than at Belek. I watched some other American players play their matches. I can't say enough times how much fun it is to be here. Instead of feeling overwhelmed by it all, I feel like I belong. Navigating your way around 60 courts can be a little tough when you are trying to find certain matches to watch. But now I'm more familiar with the set up.
I'll have a good dinner tonight, probably the usual: salad, cheese pizza and coke light. Watch a little of the nightly outdoor entertainment shows they put on, then off to bed to get ready for tomorrow.
Oh yes, before I get anymore emails from Lance, I just would like to add him to my list of things I'm missing the most from home!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you are finally missing me . I will do 5 circles when you return and I plan to spend the night with you a few nights so we can catch up on things. I have learned a new trick just for you. Lance

Stanstringer said...

Hey Girl, I know you are having a great time and will be ready to play tomorrow. BUT!!!I have just come from the Pro Shop and saw your Mom there with crockadile tears because she is the only one you have not mentioned that you miss. Her eyes are red with tears. I just wanted you to know that she is heartbroken.
Stan

Mary Lu said...

Yes, there's quite a buzz in Destin over who made the "most missed" list and who did not...now you know how all those people feel who start out - - I'd like to thank the Academy....
ML

Anonymous said...

Your mother is considering adopting another daughter while you are away. Maybe one that will miss her and send her Godiva Chocolates on special occasions.

Anonymous said...

Glad you got to chill a few days. How far is the new resort from the last one? (tryn 2 find it on Google Earth)

E, the boys and I all wish you luck tommorrow(and wish u missed us too!!!)
ur luvin bro

Anonymous said...

Howdy Myke,
Just got caught up on reading about your adventures. It is fun just hearing the description, so we know you are having a blast.
Do some of the resorts remind you of the countryside of Arkansas or Alabama.....well at least I bet the night-time entertainment is a lot like some of them thar fancy shows like in Branson, Missouri!!
Our girls are so excited about your international play that they just wet their pants......well, true, they do that about 20 times a day, but they are still cheering for you, wet pants and all. Remember, you are their favorite photographer!
Love from the Deacon Clan

Anonymous said...

After reading some of the most recent comments, I'm certainly glad you have a great sense of humor - Good Luck and most of all, have fun - JKC

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a really 'healthy' diet you are on with cheese pizza, salad and coke lite.... but if it works, don't change a thing! Are we the only obtuse snowbirds? Who is Lance???? Nan & Lefty

Anonymous said...

Love your diet-You are a cheap date-Please see the sights-Happy you missed the riots on the weekend.Talked to Renee today-she wants me to be the new rubicon partner--Who is LANCE--LOVE THE BEAR