Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Still Winning

We played Spain today and won 3-0. Susan played #2 and won 6-2,6-0. Fran won her match 6-1, 6-0. Since we clinched in singles I played doubles with Mary for the third match. We got off to a shaky start and lost the first set 7-5. She was playing the deuce side and me the add. We switched after the first set and put me on the deuce side. We rolled from there 6-2,6-1. Now we have France tomorrow. We haven't talked yet about the line up, but I suspect I may play #2, Fran #1 with Mary and Susan in doubles. They make a great team. I'm here to play, and to win, so whoever matches up best is fine with me. I'm just enjoying the experience. There is a "gala" dinner on the beach tonight for the players. Sounds like fun. The party animal that I am, I hope I can be in bed by 9:00! The weather was beautiful again today. There's a mention of rain at some point, so instead of a day off tomorrow as scheduled, we'll go ahead and keep playing. That way we may finish up the team competition on Friday and have a couple of sight seeing days before I move to Magnavat and start the individual competition. The American men's teams that are at our site are winning too.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job Myke and the rest of the team. Keep it up. Roll over the Frenchies!

Anonymous said...

Great job, once again. You've got quite a few new fans here at the office and down at the ballpark...Albert Pujols says keep up the good work....
ur luv'n bro

Anonymous said...

Good job girls. Lance sends many sloppy kisses.

Aimee Norris said...

Myke, would you please let Susan Love know she is not "abandoned" back home. We've tried sending emails but she's just not receiving them. Congrats on the tennis...hope everyone is enjoying the experience.

Anonymous said...

You go Girl!!! Yea!!!
We would love for you to beat the "French"!!! Dave sends his best too!!!!

The Teeds

Stanstringer said...

Just Marvelousssss.......
You gals are the bomb. Keep up the great tennis.
Lots of luv from here.
Stan

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are enjoying the whole experience..........and of course, it's always more fun when you are winning! Go, go, go!
Loretta

Deb said...

Good going Myke...This is so exciting just hearing about it. I can't imaging actually being there. Keep the steam ball rolling.