Sunday, May 6, 2007

Leaving Turkey

I leave in just a few hours (2 a.m.) to head to the airport to catch a 5 a.m. flight to Instanbul then on to Greece. It's been a magical two weeks here for me. The tennis I played and the friendships I made will stay with me forever. I loved being part of the USA team, and am also very proud to have represented the US in individual play. Like I said before, I now know that I can play at this level. I have great incentive to practice hard and play well so I will be invited back to play on the 2008 team. I've packed my racquets away now and am so looking forward to my next adventure in Greece. I'll post again once I'm settled.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job Myke. You're a terrific representative of the USA, USTA Florida, Hidden Dunes and all your friends and family. Have a ball in Greece!

Mary Lu said...

Yea Myke, always a champ in our eyes! Now - enoy Greece - drink some ouzo, dance under the twinkling white lights, and accept a date with anyone whose last name is Onassis - - you never know!
Hurry home - Mary Lu

Anonymous said...

I heard Lance saying your name in his sleep last night. He is missing his Myke. He told me to tell you to have a great time and when you do return not to forget to bring him some treats because you know there is a treat shortage here in Destin.