Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Home At Last

I landed in Pensacola yesterday around 11:30. Scott was there to meet me, but as predicted, my luggage wasn't. The last I had seen of them, was in customs at JFK, as I rushed in hopes of catching the flight. Delta said they would be delivered to my house last night. Sure enough when I woke up this morning they were on my front porch. I finally made it to Santa Rosa Beach around 1:30. Needless to say, my dogs were beside themselves when I came in. Mom did a great job with them. I never would have been able to relax and have such a great time, if I wasn't sure "the girls" were being well taken care of. I slept a solid 9 hours last night, and woke up this morning excited at the thought of going to work. Sounds crazy, doesn't it? I was so looking forward to being on the court again and getting back into a routine. I had a great morning of lessons, and a good hit with Everett this afternoon. Mind you, it's been almost 2 weeks since I'd hit a ball. My legs were a little shaky at first, but the more I was out there the better I felt. Each day I'll continue to feel more settled and off my high. I've already started thinking about my next tournament and what I need to do to prepare. I'll be going to Philadelphia to play the grass court nationals in July. Phil and Renee have also already started to plan what I need to do to get ready. The response to this blog has been unbelievable. So much so, that I intend to keep it going so everyone can follow my progress with the upcoming tournaments through the rest of this year. Check back periodically and I'll be updating. Thanks again to everyone!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Myke,
I have prayed for your safe arrival home and I was so relieved that you had made it....even the luggage!
Thanks again, for establishing this blog. I look forward to staying in touch with your incredible journeys.
God Bless you,
Julia

Anonymous said...

Its been great hearing about your trip, your tournament and your adventures, Myke. I'm so glad you'rer home safe and sound and its great that you are going to keep this blog going!

Anonymous said...

Myke,
I have loved keeping up with you on your blog. So glad you are going to keep it going. It's a great way to keep in touch with the snowbirds. We could not be happier for you - to have such a wonderful trip!!!!

The Weaver's

Anonymous said...

What a trip we have all had with you - your blog was as good as it gets - so glad you are going to keep it going - Love, The KCs

Anonymous said...

Myke, I'm glad Scott gave me your blog address. I loved reading it all. I loved your writing style - it made me feel like I was there. And, the pictures are gorgeous. We're all very proud of you! Wanda Taylor

Anonymous said...

Hi Myke,
Have enjoyed all your trip!!! Loved all the comments, and happy you are home safe. My favorite picture was the church where your grandparents were married. What a treat to be able to visit there!! We are proud of all you have done and have enjoyed following your trip, I assume your mom is back in LR. Keep us posted on your adventures!!!! XOX The Teeds